The Export Photo Process
You can export one or more photos from many different locations in the program, but the process is always the same.
To export photos in CyberLink PhotoDirector, do this:
- If required, select a custom export profile from the Use profile drop-down list. See Export Profiles for detailed information on creating and using export profiles.
- In the Export Destination section of the Photo Export window, specify the export location as follows:
- Location options: specify whether you want to:
- Put in Different Folder: exports the photos into a different folder than where the original photos are located.
- Keep in Same Location as Original Photos: exports the photos to the same folder as the original photos.
- Different Folder but Maintain Original Structure: exports the photos into a different folder, but uses the same folder structure as in the original folder for consistency.
- Folder: specify the folder that photos are exported to as follows:
- Click on to specify a specific folder on your computer where the photos are exported to.
- Put in subfolder: select this option if you want to place the exported photos in a new subfolder. Input the name of the new folder in the field provided.
- Add exported photos to current project: select this option if you want to add the photos into the library after they are exported.
- File naming conflicts: select from the drop-down what you want CyberLink PhotoDirector to do if it encounters photos with the same file names in the export folder.
- In the Naming section of the Photo Export window, if required, specify the naming conventions used on the exported photo files as follows:
Note: see the Example field at the bottom of Naming section to view an example of the naming that will be used on the exported photos.
- Format: select the format of the file name CyberLink PhotoDirector uses to auto name each exported photo. Select File Name if you want photos to have the same file name as the originals.
- Custom name: if you want the photos to have new custom name, select one of the custom name options from the Format drop-down and then enter the name in the field provided.
- Start number: if you want the file name to contain a number sequence, specify the starting number in the field provided.
- In the Output Settings and Size section of the Photo Export window, if required, you can specify the file format and quality. This is also where you can resize the exported photos:
- Format: specify whether you want to export the photos in the JPEG or TIFF file format.
- Quality: if exporting in the JPEG format, use the slider to set the quality of the exported photo. The higher the quality, the larger the resulting photo file sizes. If exporting in the TIFF format, select ZIP in the Compression drop-down if you want to compress the photos during export.
- Keep original photo resolution: select this option if you don’t want the photos resized during the export process. Select the Don’t re-compress photo if original is a JPEG and no adjustments were made if you don’t want CyberLink PhotoDirector to re-compress the photos
that you did not make any adjustments on.
- Resize to fit: select this option if you want CyberLink PhotoDirector to resize the photos during the export process. In the drop-down provided, specify the new size as follows:
- Longer Sides to Specified Size: select this option to specify a new length for the longest side of each photo in the field provided.
- Width or Height to Specified Size: select this option to specify the width or height of each photo in the fields provided. CyberLink PhotoDirector will resize photos to the specified size, and ensure the photos maintain their current aspect ratio.
- Shorter Sides to Specified Size: select this option to specify a new length of shortest side of each photo in the field provided.
- Don’t increase photo resolution: select this option if you don’t want CyberLink PhotoDirector to increase the resolution of photos whose original is smaller than the specified size. Selecting this option can prevent loss of quality.
- Sharpen after resizing: select this option if you want CyberLink PhotoDirector to apply sharpness to each photo after resizing.
- In the Metadata section of the Photo Export window, if required, specify the export location as follows:
- Remove EXIF: select this option if you want CyberLink PhotoDirector to remove the Exchangeable Image Format (EXIF) data from each photo, if it exists.
- Write tags into metadata: select if you want any keyword tags added to be embedded into the metadata of each photo.
- Write copyright info into metadata: select if you want any copyright information added to be embedded into the metadata of each photo.
- Click Export. CyberLink PhotoDirector will export all the photos as specified.
The Export Photo Process